Have a talk you’d like to give at Maldives Open Source Society? Let us know!
Maldives Open Source Society presentations come in two flavors:
- Short presentation during the opening. These presentations are 10 minutes or less in length with an limited Q&A session afterwards. These occur during the opening remarks.
- Long presentation or workshop after the break. These presentations can be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour in length with an open Q&A session afterwards. Because of their length, we give attendees a chance to optionally use the time to work on their projects.
Presenters can be any government agency, non-profit, company or group who’ve made use of open source and/or data and/or technology to improve the public good.
The Maldives Open Source Society audience typically consists of a diverse group of web developers, designers, academic researchers, activists, policy wonks and curious citizens.
A few rules of thumb for a good presentation:
- Show, don’t tell
- Be honest about what worked and what didn’t
- Don’t try to sell us your product or agenda
- Attend a Meeting prior to your talk and get a feel for the community