Join our team
We're a bunch of scrappy, fun-loving volunteers engaged in a crazy experiment to apply skills-based volunteering to open source engagement.
Are you looking for a fun way to contribute your skills and enthusiasm to cultivating a community of other volunteers? Then we want you!
We're looking for a few good volunteers to join our all volunteer organizing team. We do lots of fun things like:
- Organize a weekly meetup night every Thursday night
- Build and maintain our website to communicate what people are working on and tell stories
- Identify and cultivate partners to learn from and build projects with our team of awesome volunteers
- Iterate on the organization and try new things
- Host social events to get to know each other
- And more...
To be an organizing team member, we just need a handful of things:
- 10 to 15 hours average per month of your time
- An intention to help for at least 4 to 6 months (more time welcome and we can talk about a smaller commitment)
- A passion and interest in the mission of Maldives Open Source Society
If you're intersted, just fill in the form below, we will:
- Acknowledge your submission within 7 days
- Reach out for an interview to get to know you (note, that may be delayed based on availabilty of the organizing team and other priorities)
- Respond with a decision after the interview with an offer to invite you
We'll be looking for:
- Evidence of committment and excitement for joining the core team
- Evidence that you'll adhere to our code of conduct and create an inclusive place for other volunteers